When the bustle of the concrete city, the honking traffic and the daily clanking of keys at your cubicle, get you down, you know it is time to take a break and reconnect with nature. There are a number of ways to do this, but perhaps the most surreal of them all, is a cruise, which visits some of the most amazing and scenic ports in the world.
While a cruise trip may be the experience of a lifetime, it is very important for you to follow certain guidelines that would ensure you make the most of this fairy-tale like setting. Here is the checklist of things to remember while going on a cruise holidays:
1. Know Your Ship: The ship you will be traveling on is like a huge floating city. Check the brochure so that you know the ship inside out. It would be a good idea to mark out certain things that will appeal to your interests and make your trip memorable.
2. Shifting Weather: You must be prepared for all kinds of weather; be it warm sunshine, chilly winds or even harsh rains! So remember to pack accordingly, and don’t forget your sunblock, glares, rain coat/umbrella and even a sweater, just as a precaution. After all, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
3. Know the itinerary: Go through the itinerary thoroughly, and keep it handy all the time. You sure don’t want to miss out on a port city heritage walk or an opera show because you were not aware of the activities of the day. There are also a number of events on the ship, like barbeques on the deck. You do not have to take part, even attending the event and taking in the excitement and thrill is more than you could ask for.
4. The views: At dawn, you will be treated to a spectrum of colours spread across the heavens. Apart from the breath taking sun rise, day-break will treat you to the morning activities of a number of sea creatures. Watching the ocean come to life, before your eyes is like something out of this world! As the day draws to a close, you can watch the Orange sun slowly engulfed by the mighty blue ocean. It’s like watching God work on a masterpiece.
5. Dress to kill and for the occasion: One of the best parts about being on a cruise ship is the fact that you get to dress in your bathing suit or a comfortable pair of shorts. But as the sun sets, the atmosphere on the ship changes drastically. There are a number of occasions and events, which see guests dressing to the nines. So remember to check the itinerary properly, any make note of the dress code for each event.
Keep these tips in mind, to make sure that you make the most of your cruise experience and make a memory that will last the rest of your life.