If there are only two or three names that pop up in your mind every time you think about a hill station, then here is something that can be really helpful. The vast landscape of India has much more to offer you than a mundane few. Below mentioned is a list of ten must-visit hill stations located across India.
- Nainital – Located in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand and encapsulating the volcanic lake Naini, Nainital is adored by millions who love to experience the enigma of nature. Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway or you are in search of a perfect destination for family outing, Nainital is the best place to visit.
- Shimla – Once the summer capital of British and now the capital of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla with its spectacular vista is one of the most popular hill stations located in India. It is well connected with the major cities and offers a lot to gratify the urge of adrenaline seekers. A trip to Shimla will certainly be a memorable one.
- Manali – Yet another hill station located in Himachal Pradesh, the retreat of Manali is popular across the globe for its bewitching Himalayan beauty. The picturesque beauty of the place will surely be a delight for your eyes and will play its magic to rejuvenate your mind and soul.
- Mussoorie – Perched in the quaint surroundings of Uttarakhand, Musssoorie is popularly referred to as “Queen of Hills”. Home to many reputed boarding schools, Mussoorie tours will provide you with the déjà vu of what’s missing from life.
- Chamba Valley – A picturesque hill station located in Himachal Pradesh, Chamba Valley is a paradise that will surely impress nature lovers. Dotted with several temples dedicated to Lord Narayan, the captivating view of this wondrous range attracts thousands of visitors each year.
- Badrinath – Adorned with treasures of spirituality, Badrinath is one of the most popular pilgrimage destinations in India.
- Ranikhet – Built entirely by British Raj, the picturesque landscape of Ranikhet is adorned by the beauty of fauna and Himalayan topography.
- Gulmarg – Best known as the “Meadow of Flowers” Gulmarg personifies the land of fantasy straight out of your dreams. It is popular for its golf resorts and is famed as a primary destination for skiers.
- Darjeeling – Darjeeling is one place that you should definitely visit on your trip to North Bengal. It is popularly known as the dreamland of the east India. The natural beauty of this hill station has been attracting tourists from all over for years now. Toy train and tea gardens are major attractions of this hill station.