Why You Should Go for Road Trip
Long highway road, the lovely breeze ruffling your hair, and the company of soft songs to go with the remarkable scenery waving past you; what more can you ask? Road trips are thus, considered so thrilling which making them the most preferred form of experiential travel. Whether it is, you are travelling alone, or with family or friends in the backseat, the fun and excitement that comes tagged along with road trips are always the same. Thomas Cook understands this and therefore has crafted some of the most beautiful Experiential Self Drive Holiday Packages to make your journey as comfortable and pleasing as can be.
Special Experiential Road Trip Packages for you
Road trips in India are as much popular and magical as it may be in the Spanish countryside. Thomas Cook offers many such incredible road trip packages in India that are a hit among travellers from all over the nation. Filled with endless possibilities and promising you of a time that’s worthy of treasure for a lifetime, these Experiential Road Trip Packages are the newer and smarter way of travelling indeed.
|Experiential Self Drive Holiday Packages
|Maharashtra- Self Drive to Lonavala (Ex Bombay/ Pune)
||Tiger Point, Bhaja Caves, Lonavala Lake, Lonavala Wax Museum, Bushy Dam and many adventure activities like trekking or camping
||2 Nights 3 Days
|Rajasthan- Self Drive to Jaipur and Pushkar (From Delhi)
||Jaipur – Hawa Mahal, Amer Fort, Nahargarh Fort, City Palace, Jal Mahal, Jantar Mantar
Pushkar- Pushkar Lake, Brahma Temple, Savitri Mata Temple, camel safari, camping
|3 Nights 4 Days
|Andhra Pradesh- Self Drive to Tirupati
||Tirumala Venkateswara Temple, Sri Venkateshwara Zoological Park and lion safari, Chandragiri Fort
||2 Nights 3 Days
|Rajasthan- Self Drive to Jaipur and Ranthambore (From Delhi)
||Jaipur- Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Jaigarh Fort, Amer Fort, City Palace, Jal Mahal
Ranthambore- Ranthambore Fort, Ranthambore Tiger Reserve, Trinetra Ganesh Temple
|3 Nights 4 Days
|Maharashtra- Self Drive to Mahabaleshwar (Bombay/ Pune)
||Boating in Venna Lake, Wilson Sunrise Point, Three Monkey Point, Needle Hole Point
||2 Nights 3 Days
|Karnataka- Self Drive to Mysore and Coorg
||Mysore- Mysore Palace, Srirangapatna, Dariya Daulat Palace, Chamundeshwari Temple, Brindavan Gardens, Jagmohan Palace
Coorg- River rafting, trekking, Abbey falls, Irupu Falls, Raja’s Seat
|3 Nights 4 Days
|Tamil Nadu- Self Drive to Mahabalipuram and Pondicherry
||Mahabalipuram- Shore Temple, Five Ratahas, Arjun’s Penance, spa treatments, Kollam making
Pondicherry- French Quarters, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, various beaches like Serenity Beach, seafood and French cuisine
|3 Nights 4 Days
|Karnataka- Self Drive to Mysore and Ooty
||Mysore- Mysore Palace, Chamundeshwari Temple, Brindavan Gardens
Ooty – Government Botanical Garden, Government Rose Garden, Doddabeta, St. Stephen’s Church, nature walks, trekking, boating
|3 Nights 4 Days
What All is Covered
Every road trip package offered by Thomas Cook is unique and has its perks. These are carefully designed to impart you the pleasure of enjoying an independent road trip while at the same time they take care of the necessary details like accommodation, food etc. perfectly thereby enhancing your experience leaving you worry-free.
Places like Jaipur, Pushkar, Delhi, Lonavala, Coorg, Ooty etc. while being immensely wealthy as travel destinations, make for amazing points for a lovely road trip as well. These places have an equally scenic journey to their name, which makes them the right destinations to go on a road trip, revelling on your way in the excellent offerings that every good road trip requires; smooth roads, resplendent natural beauty, ample of eating joints, beautiful attractions on the way and much more. Thomas Cook offers meticulously designed packages formed around these Indian destinations which are worth exploring through a comfortable car ride. With these packages, you can expect to witness all the major attractions of the cities that fall on your route as well as in your destination. Planned to conveniently begin at some of the major cities of India, including Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Delhi and Chennai, these road trip packages take you gliding through the choicest of travel destinations perhaps expressly made for road trips.
Why Should You Opt for an Experiential Road Trip Package
Experiential travel, especially experiential road trips are the best way to travel today. With packages expressly designed for its, you have the freedom to choose your boarding point within the city, and in sometimes the city itself, as is the case with Mahabalipuram or Lonavala packages where you can opt to hop on board from either Mumbai or Pune as your preference. Experiential Self Drive Holiday Packages make your trip hassle free by pre-arranging the various necessities required with any travel. So, you can forget the troubles of booking hotel or hotels along your journey, hunting for good places to eat and the likes.
Moreover, except for the fixed route to your journey, these Thomas Cook Experiential Road Trip Packages do not have a pre-decided itinerary, which gives you more freedom into choosing your places of interest within the destination or around. You can roam around soaking in the pleasures of not just the beautiful journey but also any place to visit in your destination as much or as little as you want or avoid it altogether.
Here are the top 8 Road Trip Packages you can go for on your next vacation
1. Mumbai to Lonavala
Lonavala is a breath-taking hill station near Mumbai which is widely popular among tourists for its immense natural beauty. This small town is brimming with various attractions ranging from old forts to beautiful vantage points perfect for witnessing the lovely sunsets. Take the Mumbai-Pune Express Highway or if you are travelling via two-wheeler, Old Pune Highway works best. The route from Mumbai to Lonavala via Mumbai-Pune Expressway is one of the smoothest and the most winsome ones you come across in the country. The journey is bump free and you do not have to worry about traffic either. Book your Lonavala self-drive package here.
- Time: Approx. 3 hours
- Distance: Approx. 103 km
- Best Time to Visit: Although Lonavala is at its epitome of beauty in Monsoons (June to September) the rainfall is extremely heavy therefore the best time to visit is in Winters (October to May)
- Attractions in Lonavala: Tiger Point, Bhaja Caves, Lonavala Lake, Lonavala Wax Museum, Bushy Dam and many adventure activities like trekking or camping.
2. New Delhi to Jaipur and Pushkar
When it comes to road trips from the capital city of Delhi, it can never get better than the royal Jaipur. Just make sure to leave in the early hours of the morning to reach the destination faster and encounter lesser traffic. Anyway, the journey along the Aravalli ranges make your time on the road quite exciting, especially given the occasional company given by the majestic peacocks on the way. The onward journey from Jaipur to Pushkar is as much thrilling. With brightly coloured turbans impressive palaces, temples and forts on the side, will surely make the whole trip one to remember. Book Jaipur and Pushkar self-drive package here.
- Time: Approx. 5.5 Hours (Delhi to Jaipur) and 2 Hours 45 min (Jaipur to Pushkar)
- Distance: Approx. 283 km (Delhi to Jaipur) and 146.5 km (Jaipur to Pushkar)
- Route: NH 48
- Best Time to Visit: November to February
- Attractions in Jaipur: Hawa Mahal, Amer Fort, Nahargarh Fort, City Palace, Jal Mahal, Jantar Mantar etc.
- Attractions in Pushkar: Pushkar Lake, Brahma Temple, Savitri Mata Temple, camel safari, camping etc
3. Bengaluru to Tirupati
Although anyone who has ever lived in Bengaluru would swear by the pain that the thick traffic flings your way, it is also true that the pleasant climate of the city partly if not wholly an, makes up for it. The trip to Tirupati too is no exception where you may have to experience heavy traffic on the Bengaluru-Tirupati Highway once you cross Mahadevpura, but definitely, the pretty scenery, pleasant weather and great road condition will definitely make you forget that. Instead, play smartly and set out early in the morning to bypass the hurdle and instead enjoy the wonderful journey to the pious city of Tirupati. Book your Bengaluru to Tirupati self-drive package here.
- Time: Approx. 5.5 Hours
- Distance: Approx. 250 km
- Best Time to Visit: NH 75 and NH 206
- Attractions in Tirupati: Tirumala Venkateshwara Temple, Sri Venkateshwara Zoological Park and lion safari, Chandragiri Fort etc.
To Know More About Bengaluru Tourism Click here!!!
4. New Delhi to Jaipur and Ranthambore
Jaipur and Ranthambore are both extremely beautiful and popular tourist destinations that exude an inimitable appeal that arises from their towering royal monuments. Both of these spectacular destinations in Rajasthan cater to a wonderful road trip from Delhi that’s hard to forget. In fact, the arid landmarked by rolling Aravalli ranges with Rajasthani folk in contrasting colourful ensemble, and numerous tempting dhabas on the way, serving authentic Rajasthani cuisine is surely going to make this time truly magical. Book this adventure-filled Jaipur and Ranthambore self-drive package here.
- Time: Approx. 5.5 Hours (Delhi to Jaipur) and 4 hours (Jaipur to Ranthambore)
- Distance: Approx. 283 km (Delhi to Jaipur) and 155 km (Jaipur to Ranthambore)
- Route: NH 48 (Delhi to Jaipur) and NH 52 ((Jaipur to Ranthambore)
- Best Time to Visit: November to February
- Attractions in Jaipur: Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Jaigarh Fort, Amer Fort, City Palace, Jal Mahal, etc.
- Attractions in Ranthambore: Ranthambore Fort, Ranthambore Tiger Reserve, Trinetra Ganesh Temple etc.
5. Mumbai (or Pune) to Mahabaleshwar
It is one of the most gratifying road-trips from Mumbai, thanks to the wonderful landscape and of course the steadily enhancing weather. Mahabaleshwar lies among the top hill stations in the western part of India and is well-known for its unblemished landscape, vastly spread rolling hills and farms of strawberries. Except for the last 50 km up the steep hill, the ride too is a completely hassle-free ride, courtesy the smooth Golden Quadrilateral road. Book your Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar self-drive packagetoday.
- Time: Approx. 5 hours 20 min
- Distance: Approx. 263 km
- Route: Mumbai- Pune Highway and NH48
- Best Time to Visit: Oct to Jun (Monsoons between July to Oct offer splendid scenery and make for a good time to visit if you do not mind the torrential rainfall)
- Attractions in Mahabaleshwar: Boating in Vienna Lake, Wilson Sunrise Point, Three Monkey Point, Needle Hole Point etc. Also, located nearby is another famous destination, Panchgani, where you can try paragliding as well.
To know more about Mahabaleshwar Tourism
6. Bengaluru to Mysore and Coorg
Coorg is known as the Scotland of India and offers an unmatched experience of holidaying I the cool and naturally affluent ambience. On the other hand, Mysore is considered the Cultural Capital of South India is also a famous travel destination in the country. Both of these cities make for great destinations near Bengaluru worth visiting via a road trip, not just for their individual offerings but the striking journey to them. The roads are fairly good and provide a superb vista to walk alongside.
- Time: Approx. 3 Hours 40 min (Bengaluru to Mysore) and 3 hours (Mysore to Coorg)
- Distance: Approx. 150 km (Bengaluru to Mysore) and 110 km (Mysore to Coorg)
- Route: NH 275 (Bengaluru to Mysore) and Mangalore- Mysore Highway (Mysore to Coorg)
- Best Time to Visit: October to February
- Attractions in Mysore: Mysore Palace, Srirangapatna, Dariya Daulat Palace, Chamundeshwari Temple, Brindavan Gardens, Jagmohan Palace etc.
- Attractions in Coorg: River rafting, trekking, Abbey falls, Irupu Falls, Raja’s Seat etc.
Click here to book self-drive to Mysore and Coorg.
7. Chennai to Mahabalipuram and Pondicherry
The excellent roads and scenic seascape running along with you makes this road trip from Chennai to Pondicherry, via Mahabalipuram truly pleasurable. While Mahabalipuram is known for its amazing temples and ancient archaeological sites, Pondicherry is popular among tourists for its distinctive French colonial architecture and laidback beaches.
- Time: Approx. 1 hour 50 min (Chennai to Mahabalipuram) and 1 hour 50 min (Mahabalipuram to Pondicherry)
- Distance: Approx. 57 km (Chennai to Mahabalipuram) and 95.5 km (Mahabalipuram to Pondicherry)
- Route: East Coast Road
- Best Time to Visit: December to March
- Attractions in Mahabalipuram: Shore Temple, Five Ratahas, Arjun’s Penance, spa treatments, kollam making
- Attractions in Pondicherry: French Quarters, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, various beaches like Serenity Beach, seafood and French cuisine
8. Bangalore to Mysore and Ooty
Opt for an experiential road trip from Bangalore to Ooty via for one of the happiest road trips of your life. While Mysore city offers astounding heritage monuments to please your eyes with, Ooty has an effect on your soul. Flanked by bewitching natural beauty, lush greenery, lovely hills and scintillating weather not just in the famous hill station but along the journey as well, it is really one to leave a lasting mark on your mind. Spend some wonderful time in the hills on a weekend and return back all refreshed and ready to take on the world on Monday. Book self-drive to Mysore and Ooty package here.
- Time: Approx. 3 Hours 40 min (Bengaluru to Mysore) and 3 hours 10 min (Mysore to Ooty)
- Distance: Approx. 150 km (Bengaluru to Mysore) and 126 km (Mysore to Ooty)
- Route: NH 275 (Bengaluru to Mysore) and NH766 & Mysore-Ooty Road (Mysore to Ooty)
- Best Time to Visit: October to March
- Attractions in Mysore: Mysore Palace, Chamundeshwari Temple, Brindavan Gardens etc.
- Attractions in Ooty: Government Botanical Garden, Government Rose Garden, Doddabeta, St. Stephen’s Church, nature walks, trekking, boating etc.
So, book one of these superb experiential road trip packages and set out on a journey of experiencing the finest of adventures that travelling can offer.