Oh Canada! Very few people realise that Canada
is a bigger country than the United States. Did you know that Canada has more
lakes than the rest of the world combined? Canada is home to around 31,700
lakes! Close to 9% on Canada is covered by freshwater. Canada is so cold that
in Newfoundland, the Atlantic Ocean freezes and people play ice hockey, which
is a passion in Canada.
From the modern streets of Toronto, to the
rugged Canadian Rockies, Canada has it all. It is every traveller’s dream
destination, just for the sheer number of options that the country offers.
Enjoy a calming hike through the Maligne Canyon in Jasper National Park. Or get
your adrenaline pumping with Whitewater rafting down the Athabasca River. Even
the Niagara Falls look different from the Canadian side.
Have you ever stayed at a hotel made of ice? Head to Hotel de Glace in Quebec for a fascinating experience of a lifetime. The hotel is built out of 400 tons of ice and 12,000 tons of snow and is built fresh every winter as it melts away during the summer months. With so many places to visit and so many wonders to explore, Canada welcomes you for an experience that you’re not likely to forget any time soon. Wouldn’t you love to visit? The first step is to get a Canadian Tourist Visa that will allow you explore Canada to your heart’s content. While Canada does have a visa waiver program, Indian citizens have to get a visa to visit Canada. (Also read: Five Beautiful Tourist Attractions in Canada)
of Canadian Tourist Visas
Canada’s Tourist Visa is essentially allows you
to enter, visit and explore Canada as a tourist. It is also known as ‘Canada
Visitor Visa’ or ‘Canadian Temporary Resident Visa’ (CTRV). A Canadian tourist
visa is granted for a maximum period of six months at a time.
There are two types of Canadian tourist visa.
Entry Visa: This type of visa is valid for a single visit.
It will allow you to enter Canada only once. If you leave Canada to visit any
country other than United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, you will need a
new visitor visa to enter Canada once again. This type of visa is valid for a
maximum of six months.
- Multiple Entry Visa:
The multiple-entry visa is valid over a period of 10 years where you can travel
to Canada multiple time, for six months at a time. You will not have to apply
for a fresh visa every time you visit Canada. But, if your passport expires
within these 10 years, you will have to apply for a fresh visa.
You just need to figure out the type of visa you
want to apply for. A single-entry visa should be enough for your Canadian
You Eligible for a Canadian Tourist Visa?
Different types of Canadian visas need different documents and forms to be filled. But, apart from these, are you eligible to apply for a Canada tourist visa? To get your Canadian visa, you have to be able to convince the immigration authorities of the following things.
- Carry a valid passport.
- You are strong of health and sound of mind.
- You are financially stable and possess the requisite financial resources to pay for your expenses while you’re travelling to Canada.
- Have a residence and other binding ties in your home country that will ensure of your return from Canada.
- You plan to stay in Canada for a specific amount of time, not exceeding your visa.
- Do not intend to seek or take up employment while in Canada.
- Have no criminal record in your home country.
- Do not pose a security threat to Canada.
- You agree to abide by Canada’s laws while there.
In addition to these criteria, you also may have to agree to undergo a medical exam to prove your fitness.
to Apply for Canadian Visa?
Thomas Cook has over one hundred years of experience in making travel easier and more convenient. But we have also kept up with the times to serve you in the best possible ways. You can now apply for Canadian visa online and get your Canadian visa in four easy steps.
- Get quote
- Pay online
- Submit relevant documents
If you feel like doing things the traditional way, simply visit nearest Thomas Cook branch. Submit your documents, pay the requisite fees and apply for the visa. Our helpful associates will ensure you of a hassle-free experience while applying for a Canadian visa.
The visa application process is smoother when you have all the required documents at hand. So, before you apply for your visa, you need to have your documents in order.
Required to Apply For a Canadian Visa
You will need to have the following documents at
hand while applying for a Canadian visa.
- A valid passport
- Two photocopies of your current passport’s first
and last pages
- A properly filled and signed visa application
- Two of your recent colour photographs
- A cover letter stating your purpose of visit and
the duration of your stay
- A no-objection certificate from your current
- An invitation letter from the inviter, which
states their relationship with you
- Detailed financial documents
- Proof of your employment
- Complete income tax papers with returns for the
last two years
- Proof of your current funds along with salary
slips for the past three months
These papers should be able to prove that:
- You intend to return after your trip
- There exist enough binding ties and reasons to come back home
- You possess sufficient funds to fund your trip
Just remember to fill out your visa form correctly. Your visa application may be returned or turned down if you do not provide all the correct information and documents. If you have applied online, you can track your visa application’s status online through our website.
and Don’ts for the Canadian Visa
As with any other visa, there are rules that you
have to follow while applying for a Canadian visa. They are mostly basic
precautions you should take so that you have higher possibility of getting your
- Apply for your Canadian tourist visa well in advance. Allow at least a few weeks for your visa to be processed and approved before your scheduled travel date.
- Be sure to fill out your visa application very carefully and without errors.
- Submit all the latest versions of the requisite documents at the time of applying.
- Don’t misrepresent or distort facts in your application.
- Do not submit falsified documents for your visa application.
Just follow these guidelines and sit back. Thomas
Cook will be with you at every step to guide you in the right direction. We
assure you end-to-end visa facilitation which also includes booking your visa
appointment with the embassy. Save yourself considerable time and effort and
maximise your chances of visa approval with Thomas Cook expertise. Stay updated
with real-time updates and online tracking of your visa application.
We promise you:
So, kickstart your Canadian vacation with that first step.