However it is imperative to check the Visa regulations of the country you are travelling to. While applying for a Visa it is helpful to determine the type of Visa that would be required. Different countries have multiple types of visa for varied purposes, like education, travel, business etc. One has to make sure that the purpose of visit is clearly mentioned in the Visa application and the appropriate Visa is applied for.
The following checklist of common documents is a must for applying (or getting) visa to any country:
• Passport (current and old)
• Passport size photographs (at least 2)
• Birth Certificate (with name of both parents)
• Visa forms from the respective consulates
• Purpose of visit
• Financial Documents (Bank Statements/ Taxation Documents)
• Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
• Professional and academic documents
So, keep these things in mind and plan your well in advance to avoid last minute complications and hassles. Bon Voyage!