Long weekends are like a breath of fresh air when the daily grind exhausts you. And if it’s summer time, the scorching heat of up to 40 degrees sucks the life out of you. That’s when you have this strong urge to escape somewhere and feel alive. The good news is April has 3 long weekends and you have three chances to break the monotony and travel at will. If you haven’t made any plans yet, “no sweat” (pun intended) we’ve planned something for you. Here are some of the best places to explore for the long weekends in April.
Long Weekends in April
Long Weekend 1: April 1st – 4th 2017:
- Ski away in Auli, Uttarakhand: Save this extended weekend to escape the sun as you visit the ski capital of Uttarakhand, Auli. April is one of the best months to visit here, as the temperatures range as low as 7-17 degrees. So beat the heat and ski away in this snowy paradise!
- New year in Mon, Nagaland: During the first week of April, the Konyak Tribe celebrates the Aoleang festival. This marks the beginning of their new year and is surely among the best weekend getaways!
- The most beautiful island, Kadmat Island, Lakshadweep: Located on top of a coral reef, Kadmat is a small island in Lakshadweep. It is best explored through diving, snorkelling and swimming. It is known to be a heaven on earth and is perfect for weekend getaways.
Long weekend 2: April 13th -16th 2017:
- Witness world class biking in Phuket, Thailand: The second long weekend of April is the best time to be in Phuket. You are getting a chance to witness the much known ‘Phuket Biking Week’ on Patong Beach. A quick getaway, isn’t it? Don’t miss this one! Check out our best Thailand tour packages for the long weekend of April.
- In the arms of the mountains in Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh: Dalhousie, with pine-clad valleys and distant views of the mountains, is the best weekend getaway you could ever dream of! With Himachal holiday packages, you can walk around admiring the views, be mesmerised by the sunset and watch the stars shine, just for you.
- Be surprised by the beauty of Kalimpong, West Bengal: The pristine beauty of the Himalayas in the background and the evergreen alpines will leave you awestruck at Kalimpong. River Teesta welcomes you to row in its flow and rapids. A unique vacation, unlike many other long weekend getaways!
Long weekend 3: April 29th – May 1st, 2017:
- Experience the ‘Abode of clouds’, Shillong: Hike to the Shillong peak and treat your eyes to a 360-degree panoramic view of the city.
- The queen of Hill Stations, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu: Kodaikanal is small, misty and mountainous. April is the best time to be here, as you can enjoy the festivals and flower shows. The treks around Kodai and the waterfalls are absolutely breathtaking! For the best experience in Kodaikanal, choose from our top Tamil Nadu holiday packages.
- In the Misty hills of Wayanad, Kerala: The misty hills of Wayanad are a treat to the senses. Walk through the plantations of cardamom, coffee, tea and vanilla and meet the oldest tribes residing here. Wayanad is the peace you have been looking for and an ideal weekend getaway from Bangalore.
The month of April is making you an offer you can’t refuse! Three long weekends, a plethora of wondrous beauty to experience and go gaga over, isn’t it? Don’t waste the summer away, craft your best long weekends ahead! Wander and let the world know what you did this summer.
April Full Banaya - Best Places To Explore On The 3 Long Weekends
If you haven’t made any plans yet, we have planned something for you. Here are the best places to explore in the long weekends of April.