If you are in a mood for an exciting trip within India, exploring the Golden Triangle tour is one of the best options to explore. For those who are actually hearing this term for the first time, The Golden Triangle tour features the three historical and culturally rich gems of the country, Delhi, Jaipur and Agra. Visiting these iconic spots is indeed a dream come true for many enthusiastic travellers. Before you embark on a stupendous odyssey to explore the incredible India, so brilliantly demonstrated by these charming destinations, here are a few unique experiences to add to the charm of your holiday.
1. Village Walking Tours
One of the best ways to explore the Golden Triangle is to walk around. As excruciating as it may sound for a holiday, this is when you get the best chance to explore the sights. Explore a walking tour through the Kachhpura village located on the banks of Yamuna in Agra.
- Interact with the villagers and hear about the rich historical significance of the place.
- Watch street plays performed by the villagers.
- Discover Sanji, a traditional local art made using stencils.
2. Have local delicacies of Agra
After you have marvelled at the grand charm of the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and other monuments, the city’s famous food scene is where you need to head for.
- Visit Rambabu Paratha Bhandar and try their delicious parathas.
- Try over 50 types of delicious local chaats at the various chaat stalls across the city.
- Agra is known for its delicious ‘Petha’, a delicious sweet made of pumpkin dipped in sugar syrup.
3. Sur Sarovar Bird Sanctuary
Image Source: downtoearth
One of the best things to do on your Golden Triangle holiday is to explore the fauna of the land. Head to the lesser known Sur Sarovar Bird Sanctuary, which is a gorgeous sanctuary and is also home to Sloth Bear Rescue Centre.
- Observe and watch the cute sloth bears who earlier served as forced dancers.
- Nearby is the elephant rescue centre where you can watch these marvellous mammals.
- Go for a bird watching tour in the sanctuary.
4. Fatehpur Sikri- Most Recommended On your Golden Triangle Tour
Image Source- apolovoges
Often ignored for the more prominent Agra, Fatehpur Sikri exudes the same charm and marvellous architecture of the Moghul Empire.
- Fatehpur Sikri is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Explore this ancient city adorned with intricate, detailed carvings and designs.
- Visit the colourful village bazaar at Fatehpur Sikri.
5. Old Delhi Tour
Old Delhi is truly a world in itself. There is so much history engrained in every pathway. Plan a walking tour to of Old Delhi and see the true charm of this place.
- Experience the charm of Jama Masjid and the Old Delhi area.
- Shop at the charming markets for woollens, clothes, artefacts, handicrafts, books and knick-knacks.
- Head to Parathe wali Gully where you can taste over 100 different types of parathas.
Suggested Read: Experience The Magic Of Golden Triangle Circuit In India
6. Discover Kathputhli Colony
Take the Art of Hope tour, which takes you through the slum dwellings of Kathputhli Colony in Delhi. The colony is filled with artists, dancers, singers, and of course, puppeteers.
- Watch grand performances of local dances like Chari, Ghumar, Bhawai and Dandiya here.
- There are puppet shows, magic and fire shows here for you to enjoy.
- The tour is an enriching experience displaying artistic talent.
7) Experience Sufism
Image Source: greatindianadventure
Have a dialogue with divinity at the Nizamuddin Dargah in Delhi and cherish the escapism from the chaotic world. The tomb of Sufi Saint Nizamuddin Auliya offers a great experience of Sufism in Delhi on your Golden Triangle tour.
- Enjoy the divine Qawwalis sung by the devotees at the Dargah.
- Try out delicacies at Karim’s or Ghalib Kabab Corner in Nizamuddin.
- Visit the tomb and be surrounded be peace.
8. Visit the Lotus Temple
Delhi houses the beautiful Lotus Temple, which is relatively off the tourist circuit and a stunning place to visit on your Golden triangle tour. The architectural wonder has a soothing aura and well-manicured lawns for a great walk.
- The temple with attractive architecture has enormous white lotus petals.
- Its peaceful aura tempts you to meditate and spend soothing moments of solitude and silence.
9. Shop in Delhi
Delhi is a shopper’s paradise and no holiday is ever complete with a shopping trip. You can get beautiful handicrafts, clothes, handlooms and arts at the various markets dotting the capital.
- You can shop at Kamla Nagar market, Sarojini Market for clothes and Paharganj market for books.
- Visit the Delhi Haat for handicrafts, food and handlooms from all states of the country.
- Try the food stalls at these markets.
10. Cook like the locals
Image Source: Indo vacation
Delhi is truly a foodie’s paradise. Indulging in some lip-smacking food is one of the best things to do on your Golden Triangle tour. Try your hand cooking the local cuisine in its truest form with cooking lessons with a local family.
- Learn local dishes with resident family hosts and enjoy a delicious meal with them.
- Learn the local way of cooking the food and learn the recipes.
11. Hot air ballooning in Jaipur, Most Suggested on your Golden Triangle Tour
There is a whole different charm in experiencing a place from the sky. The experience of exploring fairy-tale forts and palaces of Jaipur in a hot air balloon is something that should be done in the Golden Triangle.
- If you want to do something romantic with your partner, this is one of the best activity to indulge in.
- Revel in the thrill of a hot air balloon ride as it flows over the historical monuments and beautiful desert landscapes.
- Ideal setting for great photography.
Suggested Read: Discover The Historical State Of Rajasthan
12. Get your adrenaline pumping with Jeep safaris
Ride on the thrilling open jeeps through the rural terrains of Jaipur.
- Drive through the rustic villages and you will definitely be mesmerized by the sea of local colours that will surround you.
- Wander through the rugged desert countryside, and try your hand at desert safaris.
- Camp enroute in a rustic rural setting for an out of the box experience.
13. Watch the impressive block printing
The Golden Triangle tour gives you a chance to explore the local arts and artisans. Enjoy a hands-on experience of the impressive hand-block printing at the Sakshi Block Printing Factory at Sanganer Village in Jaipur.
- Watch how the artistic hand block printing made live by the talented artisans.
- Take full or half day learning course at the factory.
- Explore the striking Blue Pottery ceramic art also displayed there.
14. Elephant Farm in Jaipur
Have fun with the majestic tuskers at the magnificent Elephant Farm in Jaipur. You can also go for an elephant ride and interact with these friendly mammals at the farm.
- Every wanted to frolic in the water with the pachyderms? You will get a chance to feed, bathe and pet them.
- Learn the fascinating art of elephant painting.
15. Step in Chand Baori
Abhaneri, a small village near Jaipur, houses one of the most beautiful architectural structures in the region. The stunning step-well Chand Baori is truly an architectural marvel.
- This spectacular structure hosts a maze of 3500 symmetric steps built over 13 storeys.
- This beauty was built in the 9th century.
- Intricately carved Harshat Mata temple nearby is unmissable.
15 Unique Things To Do On Your Golden Triangle Tour - Thomas Cook
If you are in a mood for an exciting trip within India, exploring the Golden Triangle tour is one of the best options to explore.
Thomas Cook India