India is an amalgamation of well endowed and varied topographical features, with some of the highest peaks, best trekking trails, dense forests and the bluest waters. This is exactly what makes our beautiful country a hot spot for adventure tourism. While we all have our preferences for a good Indian holiday, for the adventure lover in you, India is a surprise waiting to be explored. If you are wondering where to start, many travel agents in India do provide an interesting mix of packages suiting the individual’s choice. However, here’s our special guide to holidays in India for adventure lovers:
Holidays in India for Adventure Lovers
The princely state is fast becoming an increasingly popular destination for adventure tourism. Surrounded by sand dunes, small villages, and massive forts and beautiful palaces, Rajasthan is a popular addition in the India tour packages.
- Explore the wildlife of Rajasthan at the Ranthambore National Park as it is one of the best places to see the Royal Bengal Tiger.
- Hop on a camel and take a Desert safari at Jaisalmer and set up camp near the dunes.
- Get a bird’s eye view from a hot air balloon and see the colours of Rajasthan from the sky.
Rishikesh holds the distinction of being one of the top adventure destinations in India. This beautiful Himalayan town offers a plethora of adventure activities for the true blue adventurer and is one of the best destinations to plan an exciting holiday package in India.
- Always wanted to try your luck at cliff jumping? Rishikesh is one of the perfect places for holidays in India, for the adventure lover in you.
- Explore the rapids of the River Ganga as you battle these water folds when you go rafting in Rishikesh.
- Head to Mohan Chatti and jump from the ledge 83 meters off the ground and feel the thrill of bungee jumping.
3. Bandhavgarh National Park
Whether you prefer an elephant ride or want to spot a big wild cat, wildlife safari in India is a truly exciting adventure. With many wildlife parks and sanctuaries, there is a great range to choose from, but Bandhavgarh National Park tops the list.
- Start your trip with the perfect safari and spot some wildlife.
- Hear the call of the wild as you get a chance to stay in a jungle camp.
- Take an elephant safari if you want to do something out of the box.
4. Ladakh – One of the recommended places for holidays in India
Adventure and Ladakh go hand in hand. Though there are many other trails in Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand, yet what distinguishes Ladakh from others are its topographical variations, highly-influencing monasteries circuit and life-surviving experiences. Exploring Ladakh is a must do on your Indian holiday list.
- From strenuous Stok Kangri Trek to the easy Sham Valley Trek, Ladakh is the best place to if you love exploring trails and Ladakh beckons you if you are planning the holidays in India for the adventure lover.
- Try your luck at mountain bike riding on the challenging routes here, as you will be exploring the some of the highest roads.
- Experience the rapids of Zanskar River through the dense ravine as you go rafting in Ladakh.
Located about 125 km from Goa, Dandeli captivates adventure seekers with its distinct aura. Ancient temples, hills and the famous River Kali endow this place with striking scenic views. A trip to Dandeli should be on your list and one of the recommended place if you are planning holidays in India for the adventure lover in you.
- Along with rappelling, you can also try kayaking, fishing, jeep safaris and bird watching at Dandeli.
- White water rafting on the Kali River is unmissable.
- Dandeli wildlife sanctuary is a haven for jeep safaris and wildlife camping.
Recommended Read: Top 10 India Holidays That Would Fit Your Budget
Mountain biking is one of the most interesting and exciting adventure activities in India and there is no one to dethrone Manali from its top position of being the best destination to start biking expeditions in the country. There are several exotic routes from Manali to enjoy the untouched beauty of Himalaya.
- Don’t miss rafting, camping and paragliding at this adventure paradise.
- Winter welcomes skiing activities here.
- Manali is the base for some beautiful trekking routes in the Himalayas.
Check out the best Manali holiday packages of Thomas Cook
Goa is not just sea, sun and sand. There is more beyond the beaches and party culture. It is a paradise for water sports lovers and is the best place in India to experience jet-skiing and parasailing. Goa is a popular destination for India trips.
- Head to Grande Island and go scuba diving to be surrounded by a school of fishes.
- Water skiing and parasailing are a must do on the north Goa beaches.
- Trek to the Dudhsagar Falls and be surrounded by some amazing sights.
8. Andaman Islands – Also one of the recommended places for holidays in India
Andamans is a good spot to try water adventure sports. Dive into crystal clear waters and enjoy the coral reefs and fascinating basalt formations, that’ll stay in your memory forever.
- Head to Barren Islands for a great scuba diving experience.
- Explore the trails of Mount Harriet as you go trekking on the Andaman Islands.
- If you are not keen on scuba diving, try your hand at sea walking.
Recommended Read: 6 Best Places For Scuba Diving In Andaman
Gulmarg is home to ultimate winter adventure in India. This quaint town has not become a hotbed for adventure tourism.
- They have some of the best gradients for powder skiing as well as snowboarding.
- Gulmarg is very popular for skiing and mountain biking.
- A ride on the Asia’s longest cable car Gondola is unmissable.
Though you would not associate of Mysore with adventure, this place is a gem for adventure lovers.
- Always wanted to jump from a plane and feel the wind on your face, Mysore gives you the opportunity to skydive.
- Nagarhole National Park gives you a chance to explore the wildlife of Mysore.
Top 10 Holidays in India For Adventure Lovers - Thomas Cook India Blog
India is an amalgamation of varied topographical features. However, here’s our special guide to holidays in India for adventure lovers.
Thomas Cook India