This is the time to give wings to your fascination for wildlife. All you require is to just step into the land of North East India one that inspires the all the wildlife freaks across the world. So, when it comes to the wildlife, North East is one of the perfect destinations of choice. When you are in Northeast, you will be able to witness some exquisite views over there. The sun rising amidst a valley, clouds floating by your side, Northeast holds something extraordinary to experience. From the picturesque beauty of the mountains and tourists places to visit in North East India to some fun-filled activities, you will be able to experience remarkable adventure over there, which should not be missed from your list.
There are ample Places to visit in North East, which will give you the ultimate experience of beautiful and fascinating flora and fauna.
1. Kaziranga National Park
Kaziranga National Park is one of the best choices. It is one of the oldest parks of Assam which is famous for housing endangered Rhinoceros.
- Distance from airport: The distance between Kaziranga National Park and Guwahati Airport is 212 km.
- Best time to visit: November to April
- Operating Hours: Open 24 hours
- Must experience: 35 species of mammals, birds including one-horned Rhinoceros, peacocks, elephants, deer and various birds
2. Tawang Monastery
When you opt for several beautiful Places to visit in North East, this one cannot be missed. Tawang Monastery is the largest monastery in India. It is located at the height of 10,000 feet in Arunachal Pradesh and it provides the splendid view of the valley. If you want to have the surreal experience, visiting the place would be great for you.
- Distance from airport: The distance between Tawang Monastery and Arunachal Pradesh Airport is 311 km. You can travel by bus, train or rental car too.
- Best time to visit: April to October.
- Operating Hours: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Must experience: You can experience almost 850 sculptures over there and the beauty of that place in the night is just fabulous
3. Nathu La Pass
One of the major North East attractions, is Nathu La Pass. Popular as an excellent Trekking route, one can try some interesting activities here. Amongst all the amazing Places to visit in North East, this place is the most popular one.
- Distance from airport: The distance between Nathu La Pass and Gangtok Airport is 86 km. You can travel by bus, train or rental car too.
- Best time to visit: October to April
- Operating Hours: Open for all days
- Must experience: Experience the stunning beauty of the ice, you can do numerous fun activities over there
4. Nuranang Falls
There are ample of Places to visit in North East and amongst this entire one is quite excellent. The falls is also known as the Bong Bong falls and these are also 100 meters. Our travel agents will make you visit the entire place with safety guides as well. You will be able to see the serene beauty of the falls.
- Distance from airport: The distance between Nuranang Falls and nearest Airport is 317 km. You can also reach there by bus, train or taxi as well.
- Best time to visit: October to march
- Operating Hours: 5 am to 6 pm
- Must experience: There are ample of Things to do in North East and amongst all of it, viewing this place would be one of the greatest things. Enjoy the head to foot of falls.
As there are ample of Places to visit in North East, you have to make sure that you choose the finest one to get the extraordinary experience. Our travel agents will make you visit the entire Cherrapunji. They arrange North East tourism at an affordable price. The place is absolutely popular for the living Root bridges and that has been formed due to the incessant rain.
- Distance from airport: The distance between shilling airport to Cherrapunji is 80 km. You can travel by bus, cab or private car.
- Best time to visit: September to march
- Operating Hours: You can roam around the city whenever you want.
- Must experience: You can relish the tropical flora and fauna while camping under or climbing the root bridges
6. Assam Tea Gardens
The place is one of the Best Places to visit in North East. Add a stroll to the tea plantation in your North East holidays. Assam is famous for its good quality tea. Apart from coffee and tea plantation, our travel agents also take you to other several best places of Assam in their North East tour packages.
- Distance from airport: Distance between Guwahati airport and Assam Tea Gardens is 24 km.
- Best time to visit: November to March
- Operating Hours: 9 am to 5 pm
- Must experience: sip in the best flavoured Assam Tea over there.
Sikkim’s natural beauty is something, which deserves to be discovered. The entire region shares its border with Tibet, West Bengal, Bhutan and Nepal. There are ample of and amongst all of it, this place has become the greatest tourist attraction. The travellers relish the entire trekking and mountaineering choices there. Our travel agents make you to freshen up your soul by visiting the local monasteries. This is one of the Best Places to visit in North East.
- Distance from airport: Distance between Gangtok airport and Sikkim is 83 km. After landing in the airport, you can travel by bus, or even private rental car as well.
- Best time to visit: March and May or October and mid-December
- Operating Hours: You can roam around at anytime
- Must experience: You can experience the beauty of Yuksom and Pelling as well
The Snowcapped Mountains, awing weather, lush green valleys and also picturesque gorges together make the enchanting land of Shillong makes it one of the Places to visit in North East. The place is situated in the state of Meghalaya and this is one of the most pleasant destinations of North East India. It provides enough of the reasons to you to just boost up the senses.
- Distance from airport: Distance between Shillong airport to Shillong main city is less than 1 km but Cherrapunji is almost 80 km
- Best time to visit: March – June
- Operating Hours: 9 am to 3:30 pm
- Must experience: Our travel agents will make you visit Mawlynnong, Umiam Lake, Elephant Falls and Mawsynram as well
9. Manas National Park
While choosing the Places to visit in North East, you can easily go for the destination. Nestled in the foothills of wonderful Himalayas, the destination provides ample of beautiful scenario as well. The most interesting fact about the part is that some of the portion extends to Bhutan. Here you can witness a diverse range of wildlife.
- Distance from airport: Distance between Guwahati airport and Manas National Park is 139 km. You can travel the place by bus.
- Best time to visit: October to May
- Operating Hours: 8 am- 5 pm
- Must experience: You will be able to see several one-horned rhino, elephant, and bison there
When you opt for the Places to visit in North East, you cannot miss Nagaland in your trip. Mokokchung is one of the fascinating places of Nagaland that provides the extraordinary beauty. You will be able to witness the rich and vibrant culture of them. Our travel agents will make you visit the tribal festival and along with that, they will arrange extraordinary trip too. Our travel agents will make you visit the cultural festival of the place like Hornbill festival, which has been considered as one of the excellent festivals.
- Distance from airport: Distance between Nagaland airport and Mokokchung is 196 km.
- Best time to visit: October to February
- Operating Hours: It is an open location and that is why you can visit the place whenever you want.
- Must experience: You can visit the place to be the witness of an amazing hilly area and mix cultural ambiance
While talking about Places to visit in North East, this one is one of the extraordinary and fascinating places that help you to experience something unique. To witness the simplicity of the life, the place is absolutely amazing. This specific land will surely provide you with the new insight and the place is tranquil and serene as well.
- Distance from airport: Distance between Nagaland airports to mon is 282 km
- Best time to visit: October to February
- Operating Hours: 5 am to 7 pm
- Must experience: The sunrise and sunset is the must have experience
When you talk about the Places to visit in North East, you have to make sure that you choose this place. Majuli is one of the extraordinary places of Assam that contains the beautiful scenario. You can easily indulge in just exploring some fabulous places like Kamalabari Satra, Samaguri Satra, and Tengapania.
- Distance from airport: Distance between guwahati airport and majuli is 366 km. Landing at the airport, you can travel the place through bus or else, you can take a cab or taxi
- Best time to visit: October to March
- Operating Hours: Evening is the best time to visit the place
- Must experience: This is the worlds largest river island, and our travel agents will surely make you visit the beautiful place
If you are opting for one of the best Places to visit in North East, you should go for the beautiful Pelling, situated in Sikkim. The place just looks like a paradise for the tourists and visitors and as a matter of fact, the entire serene beauty is impressive. This is an absolute family destination and also considered as a holiday terminus along with loved ones here can certainly add fun to your life. You can tour the entire town, meet people of different cultures, savor some delicious Nepalese and Tibetan cuisines and enjoy the scenic beauty.
- Distance from airport: Distance between Sikkim airport and pelling is 115 kms. You can travel the place through bus or else, you can take a cab or taxi
- Best time to visit: March to may
- Operating Hours: As this is an open location, so you can roam around the place at anytime
- Must experience: You can also take a short nature walk right towards the Rabdengtse Ruins, Pemayangtse Monastery and more
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How to get to Northeast India?
Guwahati is the gateway of Northeast India and it has the good regular rail and air connections to other parts of India. So you can travel the place by air or by road too.
2. What is the best time to visit Northeast India?
The finest time to visit Northeast India is November to March. The daytime is quite a sunny making and warm and that is why the season is absolutely ideal for exploring the outdoors.
3. How are the accommodations in Northeast?
Along with the tourism infrastructure slowly growing, there is the lack in quality and choice when finding a right kind of accommodation, particularly as most destinations are offbeat and not popular. If you visit the place in offbeat season, you will be able to get some discounts on the hotel booking. The hotels are absolutely clean and airy and provide amazing services.
4. What should you carry along with you?
When you are heading for northeast India, you have to make sure that you carry some authorized and legal documents with you. Along with that, you should also carry some winter waters, hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, medicines, dry fruits, sippers and more important things.
5. What are the fun activities to experience in Northeast?
Once you step into the place, you will get ample of fun activities to experience in Northeast India like Trekking, mountain biking, paragliding and more.