|Sl. No.||Best Switzerland Attractions ||Best Time to Visit ||Things to do
|1||The Matterhorn|| June to September||Hiking, Mountaineering
|2||Jungfraujoch||June to August||Wintersports, sightseeing
|3||Interlaken||June to September.||Boating, Hiking and Climbing
|4||Lucerne||June to September.||Visit the Swiss Museum of Transportation, & Lion Monument
|5||Lake Geneva||June to August||try the Local Pescatarian Cusine, Shopping,
|6||Chateau de Chillon||June to September||Hiking, Winter sports,
Visit the Freddie Mercury Memorial
|7||The Rhine Falls||All year Round||Boat trip around the falls, Visit the Castle Schlössli Wörth
|8||Bern||April to September||Visit the Federal Palace of Swtizerland, River Rafting
Book a gala getaway to this particular part of the Earth and enjoy some of the most uplifting moments by experiencing Switzerland attractions. From opulent green lashes to the pictorial snow-covered meadows, frozen lakes with flushing cascades, Switzerland is certainly an abode for every nature lover. So, if you are a travel buff let the entire surrounding Alps enhance more exquisiteness to the holiday in this splendid destination. Being marvellously situated on the plateau as well as enveloped by the high soaring Alps, it is one of the striking places that no nature lover should miss out. Make the journey more fascinating with sumptuous and well-liked Swiss chocolates and world-famous Swiss watches.
1. The Matterhorn
If you are planning to go see one of the best Switzerland attractions, then this iconic pointed peak should be in the first place on your list. Eventually, it is known as one of the highest mountains in the Alps. At the specific foot of this strong peak, that lays the amiable village of popular Zermatt, a top worldwide resort along with horse-drawn cart rides, charming chalets, as well as world-class hotels and restaurants. You can do swimming, cycling, biking and even hiking in the lap of nature.
- How to reach: taking the trains from the Zurich airport travel till Zermatt and then hire a cab and go to your destination in few hours.
- Best time to visit: June to September. The Swiss Summer is the best time to visit this place because of the direct scenic beauty of sunlight
- Things to do: Hiking, Mountaineering
Book a Switzerland tour package to indulge in the snow-white beauty of Switzerland.
2. Jungfraujoch: The Top of Europe
When you are opting for the Switzerland Tourism attractions, you cannot miss this picturesque place. Jungfraujoch Mountain has been considered as the ‘excursion mountain’. In the summer, the hikers can easily explore the lower regions only by relishing the scenic views of the Lake Thun and Lake Brienz. Doing climbing here can be the most interesting part. This place creates an excellent base only for some amazing adventurous into surrounding mountains. The place also cuddles up at a base of the snow-cloaked mountains.
- How to reach: The rail from Grindelwald actually takes over almost half an hour when the trains from Lauterbrunnen require almost 45 minutes reaching this particular place.
- Best time to visit: June to August is the ideal time.Though When you are opting for going to this place, winter and summer both are the best time to visit.
- Things to do: Wintersports, travel to the top to witness a 360-degree view of the peak, sightseeing.
Visiting this place is one of the top things to do in Switzerland. Interlaken is one of the most stunning cities to commemorate your holiday. Interlaken is the small town of Switzerland that is well known for its splendour and scenic environment. As its name refers Interlaken is located between two lakes named Brienz and Thun. If you are planning to visit this beautiful place then do not forget to capture the extraordinary pictures. The town has numerous shops and bakeries stores. During winter, skiers and snowboarders can easily take their pick from the surrounding resorts and also cross-country ski with the trail.
- Things to do: If you want to experience the Switzerland attractions, then try some adventure sports there like:
- Hiking and Trekking
- Participating in festivals and parties
- How to reach: The closest airport to Interlaken is the Bern Airport. So, taking the flight you can reach there. Or else, the availability of bus and train is also there.
- Best Time to Visit: June to September.
One of the top Switzerland attractions. Exploring the entire city, you will be amazed by its beauty and cleanliness. There are flowers wherever you went, in baskets and planters and also the entire length of the Chapel Bridge had baskets of beautiful flowers hanging over the rail. There are striking buildings that have been covered in the paintings, churches to see and also some Swiss architecture to just admire and culture to absorb. Climbing high, you will be a witness of numerous bells floating throughout the mountains that surround people with the magical music and tunes.
- How to reach: Arriving in the deluge of rain, taking a taxi will reach you to the destination.
- Best time to visit: To relish your holiday, you can visit from June to September.
- Things to do: Visit the Swiss Museum of Transportation, visit the Lion Monument,
5. Lake Geneva
Steeped in both vibrancy and history, the resort town of the Lake Geneva in southern Wisconsin provides the timeless appeal. Encircled by the stately mansions, the lake is a four season’s playground, which draws people back again and again. Downtown this Lake Geneva is just a few steps away, along with numerous unique speciality shops and also inviting dining and nightlife options. The downtown area is considered as one of the most amazing Switzerland attractions for being pleasant and good to be on. It is the chock full of souvenir shops. From stunning art galleries to the spectacular home decor to fashion, all are here.
- Things to experience: If you are in Lake Geneva, you should experience some amazing things like:
- Try the special fish fry contains the fried or broiled local fish
- Shop your heart out from nearby markets
- Shop from the popular store of Cheesebox
- Visit striking Napa Valley
- How to reach: taking the train or flight you can reach there. Or else, the cab is also available there.
- Best Time to Visit: June to August
6. Chateau de Chillon
If you are opting for one of the best Switzerland attractions, you have to make sure that you choose the right place to visit. The Chateau de Chillon was actually built way back in almost 11th Century and this is situated only 3 km east of Montreux on shores of Lake Geneva. This Chillon Castle is quite well-known as the most excellent and the most conserved castles in the entire country. It also provides the sights that only bamboozle each and every visitor. The castle contains almost 100 buildings, 3 courtyards as well as 4 magnificent halls which provide the spellbinding views of the Lake Geneva. The castle also provides some excellent views from each of the windows of flower-filled courtyards, the spectacular view of the snowy mountains or of the Lake Geneva.
Eventually, for the utmost beauty and view, this place is considered as one of the excellent things to do in Switzerland. And an individual can easily embark on the guided travel around through the prehistoric rooms or even the dungeons of the castle that have been made immortal in Lord Byron’s poem “The Prisoner of Chillon”.
- How to reach: You can easily avail the train or bus to reach this beautiful place.
- Best time to visit: June to September is the finest time to visit the place
- Things to do: Hiking, Winter sports, visit the Freddie Mercury Memorial, and for all the ‘Queen’ fans, you can visit the ‘Queen experience Studio’.
7. The Rhine Falls
If you are in Switzerland and want to experience the Switzerland attractions, you have to make sure that you choose the right place. So, a natural scenic beauty, where the rainbow falls during the sunset makes the entire place absolutely mesmerizing. If you are the travel buff and experience the picturesque exquisiteness of this place, you will think of coming back again and again here.
The Rhine Falls is situated in Neuhausen on an edge of Germany. The falls are extremely popular and well-known as the major waterfall in all of Europe. The visitors can also opt to only go for boating in this falls up to the rocks placed in the centre of the stream. you can climb on these rocks and the view from the top of these rocks are just marvellous! One can also take the staircase to just go right up to the falls to just enjoy the sensation of water crashing on specific rocks. The waterfalls also proffer the excellent and spectacle at night just due to the hidden spotlights that illuminate the falls at night. For the utter beauty, it is considered as one of the best places to visit in Switzerland
- How to reach: Taking the train you can go to the place.
- Best Time to Visit: All Year Round.
- Things to do: Boat trip around the falls, Visit the Castle Schlössli Wörth
If you want to see one of the best Switzerland attractions, you must watch the amazing city Bern that provides the excellent scenic beauty and culturally rich heritage as well. As the place comprises of numerous art galleries, each and every will surely love this place. Ample of ancient museums, art galleries, traditional stores and shops are there that make the visitors absolutely impressed.
- How to reach: Taking the train or even hiring any cab you can reach this place.
- Best time to Visit: April to September
- Things to do: Visit the Federal Palace of Switzerland, River Rafting, Visit the Zytglogge is shown in countless movies.
Frequently Asked Questions about the many Switzerland Attractions
- Are these attractions safe for female and child travellers?
If you are opting for the Switzerland attractions, you can go without any trouble. And it is entirely safe for the female and kids.
- What is the best to visit the place?
Though Switzerland is famous for each and every season but to experience the beautiful view, you can go in from September to November. It is perfect for the outdoor activities.
- What about the transports of these places?
Being the famous tourist spot, you will get the availability of bus, train and also other private cabs too.
- What are the important things to carry along with you?
Make sure that you carry the identity card. And along with that, sippers, important medicines, umbrellas, hats, sun protectors, camera and other necessary things to be carried along with you.
- Are the hotel prices budget-friendly?
Ample of hotels are there, which are budget-friendly for the travellers but to make sure about that, you can ask for it calling in the help desk of the hotels and resorts.