The Paradise Island of Bali is one of the best destinations for a holiday. You are surrounded by pristine beauty, as far as the eye can see. If you have booked a Bali holiday package or planning to book one and wondering where you should go, here’s our top recommendation for the best places to visit in Bali.
Best places to visit in Bali
1) Unwind in Ubud
The first on the list of places to visit in Bali has to be Ubud. Once a small village, Ubud now boasts of a thriving cosmopolitan culture. Away from the hustle and bustle of city life, this is where you can immerse yourself in a serene and calm environment.
- Experience the adrenaline rush while rafting in the mighty Ayung River that has spectacular waterfalls and is surrounded my untapped rainforests.
- Head to the Ubud Monkey Forest and see the playful primates in their habitat. The forest is open from 8.30 am to 6 pm.
- Get a glimpse of traditional Balinese culture laced with royalty at the Bali Ubud Royal Palace.
2) Pristine Kuta
Known to be a simple fishing village, Kuta is now of the best places to visit in Bali, thanks to the boom in Bali tourism. The beach will welcome you with its white shores, turquoise waters and make you fall in love with this magical place.
- Kuta Beach is well known for its surfing, you can book surfing lessons and also rent a surfboard here.
- If you are in Bali with your kids, enjoy the tantalising slides and rides at WaterbomBal.
- You can stop by the Kuta Theatre, where you will be enthralled by local stories, magic shows, and cultural dances. The shows start at 8 pm daily followed by dinner package.
3) Sizzling Seminyak
If you love to shop, a trip to Seminyak should be on your itinerary. Seminyak is filled with exotic boutiques, stores, and flea markets. Be it clothes or jewellery, you definitely will be able to pick something you like.
- If you are looking for a bargain, head to the flea markets where you can pick up local handicrafts, jewellery and souvenirs.
- You can bargain here all you want. There are chances you will get the best deal with a little bit of bargaining,
- If you prefer shopping once the sun sets, head to Taman Sari Market, which is one of the best night markets in Bali.
4) Get close to nature in Tabanan
If you are in a mood for nature therapy, head to Tabanan. One of the best places to visit in Bali, you will be surrounded by rice paddies, black sand beaches, lush mountains and forest trails to explore.
- Admire the picturesque Bali Pura Tanah Lot rock-temple located by the sea and also treat yourself to scenic travel photography.
- Jatiluwih rice terrace is a beautiful green natural panorama, a photographer’s delight.
- Make a trip to the Angsri hot springs for a relaxing dip.
5) Spiritual experience at Pura Besakih
The 14th-century temple is actually a complex of 23 different temples is known as for its religious as well as architectural significance is one of the best places to visit in Bali.
- Located on the slopes of Mount Agung, 3000 feet above sea level it is the largest and holiest Hindu temple of Bali.
- You must wear a proper top and sarong while visiting the temple.
- Although the official timings are from 8 am to 5 pm, the temple complex is kept open all day.
Our Bali holiday packages acquaint you with mystical Bali temples.
6) The Lovable Lovina
This quiet coastal town in Bali is surrounded by black sand beaches, swaying palm trees and should be visited if you are in Bali with your partner and looking for a place to spend some quiet time.
- One of the things to do in Lovina is to go dolphin watching.
- The fishing village of Anturam is where you can see how the locals traditionally fish and you could also try your hand at it.
- Soak yourself in the Sing Sing Waterfall that is about 5 km away.
7) Atop Mount Batur
Looking for adventure? Hike to the top of Mount Batur, where you can get the best view of the sunrise.
- A trek to this 1,700-metre summit concluding with a view of watching the sun rise should definitely be on your bucket list. Hiking up Mount Batur should be on your list of things to do in Bali.
- Visit the beautiful PuraUlun Danu Batur temple that is dedicated to the goddess of lakes and rivers.
- Have a therapeutic soak in the hot springs of ToyaBungkah.
8) Picturesque Uluwatu temple
Sightseeing in Bali cannot be complete without a visit to Uluwatu temple, also known as PuraLuhurUluwatu.
- Balinese Hindus believe that the temple is one of Bali’s spiritual pillars where the divine powers of Brahma, Vishnu, and Siva become one.
- Located on a cliff-top is where you can treat your eyes to some amazing views of the sea from atop.
- The temple is open from 9 am to 6 pm. You would need to wear long pants or skirt and a sarong or a sash before to enter the temple.
9) Dazzling Denpasar
The capital of the island nation has some of the best sights, museums, beaches in Bali. Denpasar is a mix of the old world and new world; where culture and tradition merge with the modern conveniences.
- Party on your mind? Head to Sanur beach which to get a taste of the Bali nightlife.
- Plan a day trip to Shark Island where you can learn more about these endangered species, feed them and of course, swim with them
- If you want to pick up some goodies, make a beeline to Sindhu market, which opens at sunrise till midnight.
10) Triple the fun at Nusa Islands
On the outskirts of Bali, the Nusa Islands are some of the best places to visit, as the islands are surrounded by best reefs and underwater life.
- Nusa Lembongan, most popular of the three island is a must-visit for water sports junkies.
You can indulge in surfing, snorkelling, diving, kayaking, and paddle boarding.
- Nusa Ceningan that’s just across the bridge has a beautiful blue lagoon.
- Nusa Penida boasts of splendid rock formations, caves, and a bird sanctuary.
Must Read: Top 30 Incredible Things To Do In Bali
Bali tour packages allow you to indulge in its exotic adventures.
11) Go ga-ga in Gianyar
Gianyar is known for its rich culture, wildlife parks, temples and should be on your list of places to visit in Bali.
- The Bali Safari and Marine Park boasts of 80 species and 400 specimens of wildlife from Indonesia, India and Africa. It is open from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Enjoy freshly brewed coffee as you overlook lush green coffee plantations at Bali Pulina.
- Goa Gajah or the Elephant Caves is an archaeological site filled with ancient relics. It is open daily from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm.
12) The offbeat Bengkala Village
An off-beat experience that should experience on your Bali trip is a visit to the Bengkala village.
- Referred as the deaf-village, everyone here communicates in sign language. The deafness is due to a geographically-centric recessive gene.
- Silence is truly golden here and there is no discrimination based on hearing ability.
- JangerKolok or the dance of the deaf is the villages’ best known creative outlet since the past 30 years.
12 Best Places to Visit in Bali – The Island Of Gods - Thomas Cook
If you have booked a Bali holiday package and wondering where you should go, here’s our top suggestion for the best places to visit in Bali.
Thomas Cook India
Thomas Cook India