Most of us cannot stay away from our gadgets; be it super an awesome smart phone, a handy tab or just a portable laptop. And sadly we don’t get rid of them even on a holiday. However, while our heads are buried deep within the electronic screens, we end up missing the best things around us. So we give you a list of holiday destinations in India that force you into a digital detox because all you will focus on the beauty around you.
Best holiday destinations in India
1) Beautiful Bandipur National Park, Karnataka
It adjoins both Nagarhole and Mudumalai national parks. A prolific belt for spotting wildlife including the mighty tiger, Bandipur is where you can really disconnect. A jungle safari here is one of the top things to do in India.
- Spot elephants, deer, langurs, antelopes and even the majestic tigers.
- Enjoy the exciting safari for a really thrilling experience.
- Camping in the jungle can be an experience of a lifetime.
2) Secluded Andaman and the Nicobar Islands
If getting lost is your thing, nothing can be better than the remote Andaman and Nicobar Islands. These secluded locales will excite and enthrall you and will ensure your appetite for nature is completely satiated within them. Take the Andaman tour packages to complete your India tour to a relaxing end.
- Explore the pristine beauty of these stunning islands by a stunning cruise for an experience of a lifetime.
- Watersports like scuba diving, surfing, deep sea diving and others are really a treat here in its stunning blue waters.
- Visit the secluded Neil and Ross Islands and experience the feeling of nothingness around you.
Recommended Read: 20 spectacular places to visit in Andaman
3) The Remote Thar Desert
Experience one of the most remote holiday destinations in India riding on a magnificent camel as you experience a riot of colors in the vibrant desert town of Jaisalmer. Switch off your phone and switch on your senses and take in the stories, the songs, dance and folk tales of the golden desert.
- Camping in the desert overnight after watching the sun go down can be an experience of a lifetime.
- Don’t miss the Akal Fossil Park which has beautiful fossils dating back to 180 million years.
- Marvel at the beauty and grand architecture of the majestic Jaisalmer Fort.
4) Mystical Ladakh – One of the best holiday destinations in India
Move over from the touristy beat of Ladakh and head to the solitude of the monasteries. If you’re the spiritual kind, the mystical land of Ladakh is sure to satisfy your sense for self-discovery. Marked with beautiful courtyards and an indescribable quiet, these monasteries will make you want to lose yourself. Holidays in India are incomplete without a trip to the stunning Ladakh.
- Don’t miss the Hemis, Thikse and Phugtal monasteries in Zanskar.
- Watch the monks pray and spend some peaceful introspective moments.
- Visit the untouched and beautiful Nubra Valley.
Also read: 20 fabulous places to visit in Ladakh
5) Detox at the Backwaters of Alleppey
Glide blissfully on your cosy houseboat through the Kerala backwaters as you sit on the deck and treat yourself with the picturesque views. Experience the rich flora and fauna, eat sumptuous sea food, see the never-ending paddy fields and coconut groves that flank the sliding backwaters. Dreamy Kerala is the perfect place for detox holiday packages in India.
- Stay overnight on a houseboat for a surreal experience.
- Taste the local food, which is a mix of spicy and tangy and is delicious.
- Shop for spices and local handicrafts.
6) Experience nothingness in Rann of Kutch
Imagine nothingness and then imagine it some more! Being one of the remote places in India and the largest salt desert in the world, the Rann of Kutch comes to life somewhere in October as the otherwise watered locale begins to dry up. Camping there can be a surreal experience. India packages offer this great experience as the Rann is one of the best holiday destinations in India.
- Visit Kala Dungar and experience a panoramic view of the desert.
- Camp overnight for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Visit the Wild Ass Sanctuary in Kutch.
7) The Dense Western Ghats
Where else would you be lost in than in the lap of nature? The Western Ghats, a UNESCO world heritage site, is known for its rich bio diversity. With 1600km of thick untouched and dense forestry, which is an absolute treat to the eyes, and with more than 1000 of species of plants, animals, birds, and insects, will captivate and stun your senses!
- Camp here, hike here or walk through, you will be assured with moments that you can cherish all through your life.
- Monsoons are a good time to visit these beautiful Ghats.
- You can see waterfalls at every corner here during monsoons.
8) Exhilarating Meghalaya
Get lost in the beauty of the magnificent caves of Meghalaya. This beautiful terrain is laced with magnificent caves like Krem Mawmluh, Krem Phyllut, Krem Liat Prah, Mawsynram, Mawsmai and Siju and are one of the most one of the remotest places in India. Digital detox at its very best!
- Natural formations, scenic hills and the mesmerizing beauty of the valleys make for an interesting backdrop to explore the interesting flora and fauna of the region.
- Cave exploring is an exciting adventure.
- Camping in the thick wilderness is an experience you can never forget.
9) Trek in Sikkim
An adventure lover’s haven, Sikkim is one of the most underrated holiday destinations India has to offer. Majestic pearly White Mountain ranges await trekkers in Sikkim. Family holiday packages in India offer a wonderful experience of this tiny Himalayan beauty.
- The Dzongri trek is perhaps one of the best treks you will experience, the picturesque mountains and the joy of completing the trek will make all the hard work worth it.
- Explore Buddhist culture in Sikkim.
- Try the delicious thukpas and momos, the local favourites.
10) Spiritual Rishikesh
Enjoy a soothing massage, learn the various styles of Yoga or spend blissful moments in meditation and introspection. That’s Rishikesh for you!! Be in the state of tranquillity with our Uttarakhand tour packages.
- Plan a trip to Rajaji National park
- Get your adrenaline rushing while rafting.
- Rejuvenate with long walks and fresh country air.
Now that you know the best holiday destinations in India where you can rejuvenate yourself without gadgets, internet and cell phones, how about taking a look at one of our India holidays?