|Sl. No.||Vienna nightlife Attractions||Operating Hours||Approximate Entry price
|1||Fluc & Fluc Wanne||6:00 pm to 4:00 am on all days||INR 655
|2||Praterdome||Thursday to Saturday between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am||INR 1000
|3||Volksgarten club||Friday to Sunday between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am||INR 3261
|4||Jazzland||Monday to Saturday between 7:00 pm to 4:00 am||INR 1250
|5||Porgy and Bess||On all days 7:00 pm to 12:00 am||INR 1630
|6||Kulisse||On all days 11:00 pm to 2:00 am||INR 1200
|7||Lamee Rooftop Bar||On all days 12:00 pm to 1: 30 am||INR 570
|8|| Schwirtz Weinbar||On all days 5 pm to 1: 30 am||INR 750
Think of the romantic city of Vienna and the first thing that comes to your mind is the soul-stirring music! With such a popular music scene, you can expect the Vienna nightlife to be as happening as ever. And Vienna does not disappoint its guests in the matter thanks to the well-laid-out array of options.
A modern city with strong roots in the past is the best way to describe the beauty of Vienna. Right from the towering cathedrals to the sprawling palaces and from the bustling markets to the finest museums- the city has a lot to offer. But when it comes to the homeland of Mozart, any description remains incomplete without the mention of music. Vienna, as a city, takes pride in its rich musical heritage which is reflected in the present popular culture of the city. Apart from its cultural heritage, the Vienna nightlife continues to be one of the main attractions of the travellers.
The city undoubtedly has one of the most vibrant nightlives that you will find anywhere else on the planet. The dazzling discos and the coolest clubs offer all the nightlife pleasure that a tourist can think of. Here is a list of the top places that you must head to if you are in the city.
Vienna Nightlife Destinations: Pubs and Bars
1. Fluc & Fluc Wanne
With the location being conveniently right next to the Praterstern station, this Vienna Attraction draws a lot of crowds all through the year. The place is just perfect for a relaxed sip at the bar or dancing the night away. There are live bands and DJs playing that promise to give you a good time in the Vienna nightlife. The music you get to hear range from electronic and techno to indie rock. The music is sure to get your foot tapping and the musicians promise to make it a time to remember for you. The place has one of the most diverse crowds than anywhere else in the city. You can even chill on the patio outside or the roof deck behind the stage if it feels too smoky inside.
- Opening times: 6:00 pm to 4:00 am on all days
- Entry price: INR 655 approx.
- Pro tip: If you are looking for a place to hang out with a group, you should not look beyond this one with its really cosy and welcoming ambience.
A top Vienna Tourism hotspot, The place is so good that many people who are on repeated trips to Vienna make sure to visit this dance club at least once on their trip to this part of the world. It is located bang in the opposite of the metro station. This place also has fame for its dance floors that come with different themes. Get into the room with your type of music and dance your heart out. There are so many different music rooms and dance place that the place feels like a maze! If you are someone who loves to do club hopping, make sure you make Praterdome a stop along the way. The staff is polite and cordial which makes the experience even better.
- Opening times: Thursday to Saturday between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am
- Entry price: INR 1000 approx.
- Pro tips: The place is comparatively expensive so it is better for your pocket if you start the drinking elsewhere and drop in here for the final round.
3. Volksgarten Club
The place always has something new to offer depending on what day you have chosen to drop in. So, the Thursdays are reserved for the mature crowd with the theme being called ‘gleitzeit and 30 dancing.’ The Friday nights are for the house music enthusiasts. The major crowd puller stars on the Saturdays and is called the overground. It is the main attraction of the place with music that will not let you sit still for a moment. Make sure to check who is playing that night as the options are as diverse as an orchestra to house music to rock making it the true representation of Vienna nightlife.
- Opening times: Friday to Sunday between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am
- Price range: INR 3261 approx
- Pro tip: Make sure to order their signature cocktails, fish on sticks and baked potato.
Vienna Nightlife Destinations: Jazz Clubs and bars
So, you are in the city and are tired out your feet with all the sightseeing and for the night you want nothing more than to just sit back and relax. Jazzland is the answer to all of your needs. One of the best places to visit in Vienna, this club has some of the most talented musicians that you can ask for. You can be a jazz enthusiast a beginner in the world of jazz or just a music aficionado, your nightlife will be brightened up the moment you set foot through the doors of Jazzland. Any tourist who has been to the place raves about the ambience and how perfectly it blends with the Vienna nightlife.
- Opening times: Monday to Saturday between 7:00 pm to 4:00 am
- Entry price: INR 1250
- Pro tip: The cocktails, appetizers and jazz make up the perfect combo. Do not go back thinking the seats are full. Ask the doorman and he will find a place for you in no time.
5. Porgy and Bess
The classic tradition of jazz that is routed in the Vienna nightlife and culture is showcased perfectly in Porgy and Bess. It is crowded at times and the best thing would be to book in advance. The live jazz sessions start from 8:30 pm. All of the local jazz heroes play here along with regular visits from the international stars. Sink into the comfy chair and sway to the beats of jazz. You will not even realize when all the tiredness has seeped away from your body and all you are left with is a soul that is rejuvenated with the best in class music. This is the place that has the magic to turn you into a jazz lover if you are not already one.
- Opening times: On all days 7:00 pm to 12:00 am
- Entry price: INR 1630 approx
- Pro tip: There are two levels of ground floor and gallery and the best would be to opt for the gallery as that offers better view and sound. In terms of food, order tapas and the deserts alongside the regular wines and cocktails.
Yes, the name sure sounds funny to the ears but this top Vienna tourism joint takes its job really seriously. The location is right at the heart of the city and near to the Schweden Plat. Walk through the small garden and entire the expansive indoors. The music and the food are both top-notch and will undoubtedly make you come back for more. They even have some live comedy acts organized on some days. The bar is decent and the place is far superior to what it looks from outside. When it comes to Vienna nightlife, this is one of those places that you need be in to believe in.
- Opening times: On all days 11:00 pm to 2:00 am
- Entry price: INR 1200 approx
- Pro tip: Both the comedy and music acts are top notch around the place. In terms of food, it is best to stick to typical Viennese fare as that is their specialization.
Wine Bars: Some of the Best Places to Visit in Vienna
7. Lamee Rooftop Bar
Sip into the finest wine and gaze over the enthralling Vienna landscape. Isn’t this what the travel dreams are made of? Lamee Rooftop Bar, a star of Vienna nightlife, makes this dream come true. Even on the chilly winter nights, the heaters keep you warm. Many tourists come to the place to witness the sunset and stay till late in the night- that speaks volumes about the pull of the place.
- Opening times: On all days 12:00 pm to 1: 30 am
- Entry price: INR 570 approx
- Pro tip: Order their mulled wine and reach before dark to view the brightly lit city from the top.
8. Schwirtz Weinbar
A quaint place with some lip-smacking food and finest quality wine is the best way to describe the place. The USP of the place is the ambience and the friendliness of the hosts. The warm welcome by the hosts will make you feel like family and you can be assured of a good time while at this place. You visit this place once during your trips and you will surely come back again for more.
- Opening times: On all days 5 pm to 1: 30 am
- Entry price: INR 750 approx
- Pro tip: Try the Liptauer bread to go with your glass of Austrian wine.
Vienna nightlife enthrals and enchants with its simplicity and feel. It is one of the reasons people make this city their travel destinations- to just leave all their worries behind and go back home completely revitalized.
Frequently Asked Questions about Vienna Nightlife
1. Do the places need booking in advance for entry?
Not all places will ask you to book in advance but for the really crowded ones booking in advance are needed for your own good.
2. What are the payment options?
Cards are accepted everywhere except certain bars and restaurants. It would be wise to keep some cash handy.
3. How do I get to know of the special nights?
Log on to the homepage of any of these places and you will know of all their upcoming programs in advance. You can also get to know about the other things to do in Vienna including stuff at these nightlife spots as well.
4. How can I get Austria visa?
To get Austria Visa, you can simply apply for Schengen visa to enter Vienna.