If you like to go out with friends and grab a drink, then you and Australia will make a deadly combination! Australia is a haven for all the party animals and night crawlers. With a wide range of options to choose from to spend that perfect night with your friends, Australia nightlife is sure to leave you enthralled. Be it the bars, nightclubs, live music venues, theme parks, dinner cruises, theatre performances, restaurants, strip clubs, or comedy gigs; Australia will give you the best of everything for the most glamorous night of your life.
Apart from partying in the glittering streets and sparkling avenues, you can also spend a laid-back evening hanging out with your friends under the stars of this gorgeous country! Being strict believers in the phrase, ‘work hard and party harder,’ the Aussies themselves leave all the work during weekends and head over to have fun partying all night. The Aussies are amicable and unbelievably fun-loving people who are great to hang out with. They can literally make friends in minutes and get people together to have fun anywhere and everywhere. Australia nightlife is like a never-ending party where you make new friends, try new things, and explore an entirely new side of you!
The Best Places to experience Australia Nightlife
1. Grasshopper bar for the Night Owl in You
The phrase, ‘dark ways often lead to the brightest paths,’ can be proven true in the case of the Grasshopper bar. This is a typical laneway bar which opens into a dark alleyway that further leads you to one gem of a bar and the end of it. From sparkling cocktails to thirst-quenching beers, this bar has it all to make your night one of most memorable ones in Australia. Other than alcohol, this place is also perfect for those who want to munch on some wonderful late night dinner and snacks. It is one of the best places in Syndey to spend your night and create some crazy memories of your Australia nightlife!
- Must Try: This hidden gem in Sydney is best known for its wines, spirits, and beers. Apart from these, make sure you munch on some snacks to have a light dinner.
- Operating Hours: This bar is open from 4 am to 1 am from Monday to Saturday. It is closed on Sundays.
- Location: 1 Temperance Ln, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia.
- Cost for Two: It will cost you INR 2000-2500 for two people approximately with the alcohol.
- Trip Advisor Rating:5/5
2. Witness Stunning Shows of the Sydney Opera House – Among the best places to experience Australia nightlife
Recently declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Syndey Opera House is where you want to be to experience the most entertaining night of your life. This performing arts centre in Syndey plays host to multiple venues within its shining white roof, some shell-shaped sails, and a red granite stage or platform that allows the artists to display their acts. This is one of the most attractive constructions of Australia that lures tourists from all the places. The Opera House in Sydney is one of those places you cannot miss on your trip to Australia.
- Must Try: Make it a point to arrive in time for the show you are about to witness, as each of them is a wonder in itself right from the beginning to end.
- Operating Hours: The Sydney Opera House operates every day from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Location: Bennelong Point, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia.
- Cost for Two: The price varies depending on the show you choose to witness.
- Trip Advisor Rating:5/5
3. Spend a Night in a blanket of Starts at the St George Open-Air Cinema:
If you intend to spend a date night with your partner, then the St George Open-Air Cinema is the perfect place for you. This classic date venue showcases some of the recently released flicks including premiers and the previews. The screen rises up from the water surface of the glistening stream in Sydney against a beautiful backdrop of the Opera House and the setting sun, which is a sight to witness! All the viewers in the theatre will be served a three-course lavish meal with the finest wine on board. There isn’t a better place in Sydney to spend your night below millions of stars amidst the best food that you can buy for yourself in mystical Australia.
- Must Try: The meal served in this theatre is one of the best ones you can devour in Australia, don’t miss out on that!
- Operating Hours: The St George Open-Air Cinema is open from around 6 pm to until midnight depending on the day.
- Location: Mrs Macquarie Road, Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia.
- Cost for Two: It will cost you INR 4000-4500 for two people approximately including the alcohol.
- Trip Advisor Rating:5/5
4. An Enjoyable Evening at the Bar Ampere:
With the most lavish menu offered in Melbourne paired with beautiful ambience, this place is just perfect to chug the finest booze in the city. Bar Ampere is one of those places which attracts both drinkers and non-drinkers alike because of its warm ambience. Once you set foot in this bar, prepare yourselves to forget about the world and come across some sheer madness with the perfect combination of the ancient and modern setting. This is the place where the future of Australia gets together to spend a night partying away. Experience the best of the Australian nightlife in this crazy bar set up in the streets of the beautiful Melbourne!
- Must Try: Make sure you give a try to all the quirky cocktails that are made by the talented bartenders in Bar Ampere.
- Operating Hours: Bar Ampere is open from 10 am to 3 am from Monday to Friday, and 4 pm to 3 am on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Location: 16 Russell Pl, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia.
- Cost for Two: It will cost you INR 3,500-4,000 for two people approximately along with the alcohol.
- Trip Advisor Rating: 4/5
5. Go for a Romantic Cruise Dinner in the Spirit of Melbourne:
As clichéd as it sounds, a candle-light dinner in the open-air decks of the gorgeous Spirit of Melbourne cruise with your date is the best way to spend your night. This pricey lavish meal is one of the magical experiences you can get in Melbourne with a menu that features food of all kinds. The Spirit of Melbourne is downright luxury offering the best scenic views, scrumptious meals, heart-warming ambience, and all things romantic under a gazillion of stars amidst the glistening waters of Melbourne. What else do you need on your night of romance!
- Must Try: Balsamic glazed smoked lamb, prawns, scallops, glass noodles served with shredded chicken, chargrilled chicken breast, beef eye fillet which is pan-fried, crispy crusted Moroccan salmon, and the Portuguese lamb shank.
- Operating Hours: The cruise dinner in the Spirit of Melbourne is open from 9 am to 5 pm from Monday to Friday, and 10 am to 3 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Location: 3 Southgate Avenue, Southbank, Melbourne, Australia.
- Cost for Two: This dinner experience will cost you around INR 12,000-13,000 approximately for two people.
- Trip Advisor Rating: 4/5
6. Get the Perfect Booze & Grub at the Surfers Paradise Beergarden:
Enjoy the gleaming sunshine of Australia alongside some fresh choices of cocktails made by skilful bartenders in the most favourite place among all the locals in Australia, the Gold Coast. This gorgeous town which is often referred to as the Surfer’s Paradise hosts the most laid-back interiors with comfortable sofas, pool tables, and flat screen TV’s that attract tourists from everywhere. During the weekends, this place hosts some amazing live rock music shows which feature toe-tapping music played by some of the best and upcoming bands and rockstars in Australia. This is one of the most buzzing venues on the Gold Coast, which will keep you entertained for your entire night.
- Must Try: The live rock music performances over the weekends is a must to witness.
- Operating Hours: The Surfers Paradise Beergarden is open from evenings until 11 pm.
- Location: Cnr Cavill and Orchid Ave, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Queensland 4217, Australia.
- Cost for Two: It will cost you INR 2000-2500 for two people approximately with alcohol.
- Trip Advisor Rating: 5/5
7. A Night under the Twinkling Lights of the Elixir Rooftop bar:
Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the busy city life in Brisbane, this rooftop bar is everywhere you want to be on a perfect night in Australia. Sporting an intriguing menu which lists various kinds of wines, craft beers, fresh cocktails, and hand-crafted cider, Elixir is the perfect choice for all the nightcrawlers who are on a hunt for a tranquil atmosphere. This place features some lush green plants, relaxing sofas, amidst twinkling fairy lights on the roof-top that make way for your perfect night in Brisbane.
If you badly need a day-off the busy life in the bustling Brisbane, then take some time and run away to this peaceful place which is nothing short of Nirava with some quirky cocktails on your table.
- Must Try: The cocktails, locally crafted beers, and boutique wines are the specialities of this bar. Also, the ambience of the lights is pretty attractive to capture some amazing pictures of yourself.
- Operating Hours: The Elixir Rooftop bar is open from 4 pm to 2 am on Thursdays and Fridays, and 1 pm to 2 am on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Location: 646 Ann Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4006, Australia.
- Cost for Two: It will cost you INR 5000-5500 for two people approximately along with the alcohol.
- Trip Advisor Rating:5/5
8. Dance the Night away at the Chinese Laundry:
One of the most popular pubs in Sydney, the Chinese Laundry is your midnight getaway if you are an ardent party lover. With various DJs and music events that rock the stage in this bar, this place is one of the most entertaining places in Australia. With three floors that cater different types of people, the Chinese Laundry is known to pamper its guests to the extent that they would not care about the packed dance floors. However, if the rush and sounds are not your cup of tea, you can always head over to the courtyard garden bar or to the dance floor in the open-air to satiate the claustrophobic in you!
- Must Try: Make sure you taste all the vivid cocktails served in this bar.
- Operating Hours: The Chinese Laundry operates from 10 pm to 4 am on Fridays, and 9 pm to 4 am on Saturdays.
- Location: 111 Sussex Street, Entrance via Slip Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia.
- Cost for Two: It will cost you INR 3500-4000 for two people approximately including the alcohol.
- Trip Advisor Rating: 3/5
- What is the best time to visit Australia?
Although Australia is a year-round destination, the country is the best to visit during the months of summer which lasts from December to February. The average temperature in Australia during this periods ranged between 22-25 degrees Celsius which makes it the best time to visit the place. Alternatively, you can also visit during the winter months of June to August to witness the best of Australia.
- What are the signature Australia Nightlife Spots in Sydney and Melbourne?
Apart from the places mentioned above, Australia nightlife can be best witnessed in these following places in Sydney and Melbourne:
- La Di Da
- Boilermaker House
- Where in Australia can you enjoy the best live music?
Live music is undeniably the best in Gold Coast of Australia due to various tourists and different cultures of people that have settled here. However, you can also enjoy some amazing live performances in Brisbane. The Triffid and The Press Club, however, are the best places in the Brisbane for some live music performances. Whereas in the Gold Coast, you can witness live arts in the Arts Cinema and Love Nightlife clubs respectively.
4.Australia Nightlife and the crazy trip that it takes you on!
Be it the busy Brisbane or the sunny Sydney or scenic Melbourne, Australia nightlife is glamorous all over the country. In short, every single town in Australia gives you something different to do, and something new to experience, that will make you fall in love with the country as a whole.