Spain is a scintillating mix of amazing art, ancient history, and glorious Spanish culture. From heavenly beaches to lip smacking food, this European haven has it all. Here’s a guide to best places to visit in Spain.
Best Places to Visit in Spain
1. Beautiful Barcelona
One of the most beautiful cities in Spain, Barcelona is filled with museums, history, architecture that will keep you occupied on your Spain trip. The best thing to do in Barcelona is the walk on the pathways and soak up the soul of the city.
- Basilica de la Sagrada Familia opens at 9.00 am, however, the closing time differs during the months.
- Tibidabo Amusement Park opens at 11.00 and is a fun place to spend a day.
- Museu de Zoologia is open between 10.00 am to 5.00pm and should be visited if you are in Spain with your children.
Recommended Read: Top 30 Cities To See In Your Lifetime
2. Magnificent Madrid
Known for its nightlife, Madrid will capture your interest as the city is full of magnificent things to do.
- Prado Museum: The museum is open from 10.00 am to 8.00pm and a ticket would cost you about 15 Euros.
- Puerta del Sol: Street artists perform at Puerta del Sol is one of the free things to do in Madrid.
- Archaeology Museum: The museum is open between 9.30 am to 8.00 pm and on weekends there is free admission to see the exhibits.
3. Iconic Ibiza
Looking for a relaxed time and want to party? Ibiza is the destination for you. Surrounded by turquoise beaches, Ibiza is a must visit destination on your Spain Tour packages.
- One of the best things to do is to take a midnight stroll along the streets of the once the sun goes down.
- Enjoy some authentic paella
- Party at Bora Bora!
Recommended Read: 20 Hottest Hippie Cities Across The World
4. Romance in Costa Brava, Among the best Places to visit in Spain
If you are in Spain with your partner, take a moonlit walk on the mesmerising beaches of Costa Brava.
- See Salvador Dali’s greatest work
- Take a wine tour
- Go windsurfing on the beach
History comes alive in the Moorish city of Seville and is one of the best places to visit in Spain.
- If you are among the many who have binge-watched Game of Thrones, the Alcázar of Seville is a place you must visit on your Spain holiday.
- You can spend a whole day exploring the place as they open at 9.30 am and shut at 5.00 pm.
- Best time to reach the palace is by 9.00 am, so you can be among the first to enter the palace.
6. Ravishing Ronda
One of the most captivating cities in Spain, Ronda holds a mystery. Folklore suggests that the city was ripped in two by quarrelling Gods once upon a time. The gorgeous bridge that holds Ronda together is a fascinating sight.
- Best time to visit Ronda is between March to April
- Head to the Plaza de Toros bullring for a day trip.
- Swim in the cool waters of Cueva del Gato – the cat’s cave on a warm day.
7. Head over Malaga
One of the oldest cities in the world, a trip to Malaga should be on your places to visit in Spain.
- Art Lover’s Paradise: A trip to the Picasso museum should be on your itinerary.
- Go treasure hunting and look for hidden gems.
- Best thing to do in Malaga is to relax on the beach.
8. The vineyards of La Rioja
Known for its fine wine, a trip to the vineyards of La Rioja should be on your list.
- Best time to visit is during the Spring months
- Plan a wine tour to get the authentic taste of local wine
- See treasures of the days gone by in Monasterio de Yuso
9. The mesmerising Canary Islands
One of the best places to visit in Spain, this archipelago of 7 islands, the Canaries are surrounded by blue waters, white sandy beaches and a really fun time.
- Island hop to some of the world’s most beautiful islands.
- Stopover at Timanfaya National Park and dine at the El Diablo Restaurante, over an active volcano!
- Siam Park is one of the best water parks in the world, which is open from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm
10. Mystical Mallorca
Rafael Nadal’s hometown is one of the best places to visit on your Spain holiday package.
- The Royal Palace of La Almudaina is one of the top places to visit in Spain.
- The Catedral de Mallorca is an architectural marvel in Mallorca.
- One of the best things to do is chill out at the beach and take a dip in the cool Mediterranean waters.
11. Sojourn in Granada
Spring in Granada is the best time to visit this beautiful city in Spain. Delve into the mysteries of a Gypsy cave in Granada as it is among the finest places to visit in Spain. You can stay over in the pretty cave-homes for a unique sojourn experience.
- Spring is the best time to visit Granada.
- Visit the Gypsy cave, where you can even book a stay in a cave-home.
- The Bañuelo, which is home to 11th-century Arab baths is a must visit in Granada. If you plan a visit, note that the baths are open in the morning only.
12. Terrific Toledo
There is one word that comes to mind when you think of Toledo; Moorish. Also known as the “city of three cultures”, the ancient city is a maze of walls, architecture, churches and palaces.
- Monasterio de San Juan de los Reyes is one of the top places to visit in Toledo and is open all year long.
- Snack some hand made marzipan when you walk around the markets of Toledo.
- Between early March to end of April is the best time to visit, as the weather is relatively cool and pleasant.
Recommended Read: Admire The Jaw-Dropping Beauty Of The Best Beaches In The World
12 Best Places to Visit in Spain – The Land Of Setting Sun - Thomas Cook
From heavenly beaches to lip smacking food, this European haven has it all. Here’s a guide to best places to visit in Spain.
Thomas Cook India