Pattaya has all the making of a ‘Hangover’ styled getaway. It’s crazy, its fun and its wild! Once known as a perfect setting for a holiday with the boys, Pattaya is now becoming one of the most favoured holiday destinations for everybody, be it couples, solo travellers or women who are looking to let off some steam. So if you are among those who are looking for some fun, here are the best things to do in Pattaya.
Top things to do in Pattaya
1. Party all night – Among the best things to do in Pattaya
One of the biggest pull for the rise in Pattaya tourism has been its nightlife. Known to be a party hub, you should definitely party all night in Pattaya.
- Walking Street, the 500 m stretch at the end of Pattaya’s Beach Road is a party lover’s paradise. You can hear foot tapping music and get the aroma of yummy food from the fleet of nightclubs, restaurants, bars, and clubs. It is open roughly from 6 pm to 2 am.
- The cabaret shows at Tiffany performed by extremely talented lady boys and those at Alcazar performed by cross-dressed performers attract a lot of crowds.
- The shows depict various stories using dance, music, and drama. Tiffany has 3 shows at 6 pm, 7.30 pm, and 9 pm and Alcazar has 4 shows at 5 pm, 6.30 pm, 8 pm and 9.30 pm.
2. Feel the thrill of adventure
Image source: tripadvisor.com
From the best adventure sports to unique adventure experiences, Pattaya has a host of amazing activities to do on your Thailand holiday packages.
- Take the exhilarating canopy tour across the Flight of Gibbon zip line that stretches across 3 km near the Kao Kheow Open Zoo. It is open from 6 a.m onwards.
- At the popular Sky Pattaya Rocket Ball Ride at the Walking Street, get tossed in the air while being in a steel ball! The rise is open from 5 pm to 4 am.
- Always dreamt of flying in the sky? Enjoy sky diving at Nong Kho and fly like a bird!
3. Delight your senses at the theme parks
You may have visited theme parks around the world, but nothing can ever beat the unique experience of theme parks in Pattaya.
- One of the best places to visit in Pattaya is the Mini Siam. It has miniature replicas of Thai monuments and wonders of the world. There are half-day tours that start from 8.30 am.
- If you are on a Thailand tour package with your kids, head to the world’s first Cartoon Network-themed park, Cartoon Network Amazone, for its unique fun-rides and slides. It is open from 10 a.m to 6 p.m.
- Ramayana Water Park is South-east Asia’s biggest water park offering a variety of rides, slides, pools, geysers, and bubbles. It is open from 10 am to 6 pm.
4. Shop till you drop – Recommended things to do in Pattaya
Be it high fashion or thrifty deals, there is no dearth of shopping sites here and the best part, shopping through the Walking Street or Floating market is an experience in itself.
- Other than the amazing nightlife, Walking Street is where you can get designer clothes, toys, electronics, and cosmetics.
- There is a host of malls where you can splurge or pick up deals at Thepprasit Market and Pattaya Night Bazar.
- Floating market offers a one-of-its-kind shopping experience that has over 114 stalls floating on water.
Image source: bangkok.com
5. Eat your heart out
No Thailand holidays can be complete without gorging on yummy Thai food, particularly the seafood.
- Indulge in some delicious seafood at Glasshouse and Mum Aroi while gazing at the beach waves.
- Book a table at the Rimpa Lapin and enjoy a fine dining experience from atop a cliff.
- Walk along the Walking Street and Thepprasit market where you can gorge on yummy food on a budget at the street stalls that dish up some amazing delights.
Pattaya is home to some of the most breathtaking aqua worlds that boast of beaches, islands and a unique marine park.
- Enjoy a leisurely time at the pristine Koh Samet Island and KohLarn Island or the Jomtien, Nikola and Wong beaches simply swimming, sunbathing or strolling.
- You can also experience the thrill of water sports like snorkelling, scuba diving, diving, jet skiing, parasailing, banana boating etc. at these places.
- Underwater World Marine Park is not just another aquarium but you can also dive with sharks and feed the fishes here. It is open from 9 a.m to 6 p.m.
Image source: tapoma.com
7. Sightseeing the natural wonders
There is beauty everywhere in Pattaya and a trip to engage in some natural wonders should on your list of things to do in Pattaya.
- Start your Pattaya sightseeing at NongNooch Botanical Garden that has a stunning collection of plants and flowers and also an exotic zoo nearby. It is open from 8 a.m to 6 p.m.
- Pattaya View Point offers a spectacular view of Pattaya’s Crescent Bay. It is open from 7.30 a.m to 9 pm.
8. Find Inner Peace
Yes, that right! Not just an enticing nightlife, Pattaya offers a peaceful and serene spiritual experience that tops Thailand tourist attractions.
- You will be surrounded by detailed sculptures in one of the most amazing temples of Pattaya, Sanctuary of Truth. It is open from 8 am to 6 pm.
- Big Buddha Hill, also called WatPhraKhaoYai is a temple with an intricately crafted golden Buddha statue atop a hill that overlooks the Jomtien beach. It is open from 6.30 am to 5 pm.
- Buddha Mountain locally called Khao Chi Chan has a 130m high and 70m wide gold embossed image carved, the largest engraving on Buddha in the world. Nearby there is the breathtaking Silverlake. The site is open from 8 am to 5 pm.
9. History and heritage
Image source: flickr.com
There is history everywhere you see and exploring the era gone by should be on your list of things to do in Thailand.
- AnekKusala Sala or ViharnSien is a temple turned museum known for its beautiful architecture and collection of unique historic artefacts. It is open from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Sukhawadee Mansion is a massive mansion in pastel colours considered to an important centre of the Thai Kingdom. It is open 8 am to 9 pm.
10. Animal Kingdom
If you’re a wildlife enthusiast, you will be enchanted by the rich biodiversity as you can go about exploring some wildlife reserves around Pattaya.
- KhaoKheow Open Zoo is the world’s largest zoo that has almost 8000 animals and 300 species living in enclosures very much like their natural habitat. It is open from 8 am to 6 pm.
- Sriracha Tiger Zoo has over 200 Bengal tigers and over 10,000 crocodiles. It is open from 8 am to 6 pm.
- At the Elephant Village, you can see, play, wash the elephants and even ride them. It is open from 8.30 am to 6 pm.
Recommended Read: All About Thailand – A Brief Travel Guide
Now that you know the best things to do in Pattaya, how about planning a trip to Thailand. Take a look at our top Thailand tour packages.
Top 10 Things to do in Pattaya - Thomas Cook India Travel Blog
Pattaya has all the making of a ‘Hangover’ styled getaway. So if you among those who are looking for some fun, here are the best things to do in Pattaya.
Thomas Cook India